Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun in the Sun

We had an amazing vacation in North Carolina with my entire family. The house we stayed was right on the beach. The kids would go searching for crabs at night and we laid on the beach during the day. We had a couple days of rainy weather but the guys enjoyed the huge waves the storm brought in. My family is pretty loud and rambunctious but Mike survived. Here are just a few of the 160 pics I took while in the Outer Banks.


On our way to the beach house after a long day of traveling. We woke Kade up at 5:30 am to catch our flight. He only slept about a half hour of our 5 hours on the plane. Luckily he slept pretty much our entire ride in the car from the airport to the house. (3 hours)
my sister, Keri, and I
We made a quick stop in Virginia Beach for dinner, a stroll on the boardwalk, and shopping.

Kade backing up over the car tracks. They were giving him some difficulty so he decided to go down them like he goes down the steps.


Glam shots!! Kade posing for a picture before heading off to the beach.



Playing in the sand.




Watching the playoffs on the big screen.






On one of the rainy days we went to the aquarium. Kaden loved all the fish and back up and screamed when the shark swam up to the glass.





Mike looking hot in his wetsuit.

( I don't know how to rotate the picture. Mike will have to do it when he gets home. Hopefully he doesn't delete it.)





The waves don't look that big in the picture but they were huge. I just took a couple pictures and then had to go in because I was freaking out thinking one of my family members might not survive the night.







I gave the boogie board a shot the next day when the waves weren't so big.






He would find a stick to play with each day we went to the beach.









My last day on the beach with my sisters. Mike had to pretty much drag me off the beach so we could catch our flight home.











6 comments:

Brook said...

Kaden backing up is so funny! Him and his backing up cracks me up. Too bad Mike couldn't keep the wetsuit! That was so fun. I miss vacation. I am still trying to get back into my normal boring life. It is quite disappointing.

Pam said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm so glad that you got to go!

Ashlee said...

That sounds like a ton of fun!! Who knew MIke could look so sexy in a wetsuit! LOL.

Courtney said...

Look at Brant's belly in the picture at the beach... tell him to start working out! Look like you all had so much fun... Kaden is adorable!

The Ceder House's said...

So dang jealouse- glad you guys had a great time! The beach looked AWESOME. oh.. and Please NEVER EVER take down the picture of Mike in his wetsuit:) We may have to make copies of that one:)ha ha!

Ty and Masha said...

I prefer staying at home 24/7 and never have fun. Trips like these bore me to death............. :-(

Ha-ha. That looked like a ton of fun. I am jealous too. Mike, be on the look out of your photo EVERYWHERE. Jackie and I made copies and will hang them out in church on Sunday. He-he-he.