Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kade's Birthday

Kaden had a wonderful birthday on New Year's Eve. He was spoiled with gifts, a party, and a cake of his own. Well we had a party but he went to bed about a half hour after it started. He got to dig into his cake and then we hosed him off in the shower. He was in bed by 8:30 and then the real party began. We had friends over for a night filled with food, games, and guitar hero.

Oh, how the time flies. I can't believe it has been a year since this little guy came into the world. He definately surprised us being a few weeks early. I wasn't quite ready, thinking I was going to work until my due date. I guess he had different plans, he wanted to be with his friend Petra and his cousin Jace who were born two days earlier. He has brought us much happiness and been a blessing in our lives.
Kade began opening his gifts after his morning nap and opened one every couple hours through the day. His favorite part was playing with the wrapping paper, bows, and cards.



He got his football from his Grandma and Grandpa Wilson.



Singing Happy Birthday
Kaden loved the frosting.

We'll be cleaning frosting out of the shower for weeks.

Everyone jammin' out while the kids are asleep.

5 comments:

andrea said...

I love that first picture! Wish we could have been at his party. When we gave Jace his cupcake he didn't really know what to do with it until I cut it into bite-sized pieces, so it was great to see Kade dig in.

Happy birthday big boy!

tmiller said...

Hi Mike and Emily! I found your blog from Andrea. So I thought I would come by and check it out. Your little guy is so cute!
Love your cousin Tammie (Wilson) Miller
My blog is under construction, but come by and see!
http://theveryhungrymommy.blogspot.com/

Brook said...

Wish we could have been there for the party! He looks like he had a fun day! Cute cake! How long did it take him to finish it off?

Pam said...

What a big boy! Wish we could have been there with him! But at least we got to see him open his Christmas presents. I can't believe it's been a whole year since we got our two cute boys.

Sanders said...

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! We were in Co after Christmas but I lost all of my phone numbers so I couldn't call anyone!