Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Wife is AMAZING!!

Saturday my amazing wife ran a triathlon!


She has been training faithfully every morning at 5am for months.


We left Friday night and stayed the night in Logan. Bright and early Saturday morning we left my Aunt Keri's house and headed up Logan Canyon for Bear Lake. The closer we got the more nervous I could tell she was getting. We got to the race area with plenty of time to spare, she was able to watch some of the other races start and get comfortable with the situation. By the start of the race she had a big smile on her face and was ready to go!





Here she is taking off for the swim. The turn around looked a long way away, but she did great!
She came in off the swim so fast I could barely get a pic, nice hat!


She made the first transition great and took off on her bike.





Emily coming around the last turn into the home stretch, she looked like she could run another 5k and still not break a sweat.

I am so proud of her. She did great and finished the entire race in under 2 hours. I am lucky to have such a wonderful wife, Good job Babe!!!
Oh yeah, she came home after and made dinner!!!!!!

11 comments:

The Ceder House's said...

Good Job Emily!!!! Dang - under two hours?! That is awesome! I knew you would do great! Um... Mike -you made her make you dinner afterwards?! I am going to have to have a talk with you:)

Courtney said...

Way too Go Em! That is definitely inspiring to me... She really is amazing!

Ty and Masha said...

Good job Em, not such a good job, Mike. I can't believe you made her make dinner and probably put Kade to bed and get up with him the next morning at 7am.

Terrible...terrible...Jackie and I are going to have to have a marriage intervention pretty soon and by the way it's a must for you to be at the Date Night on the 11th at the ward.

andrea said...

I'm glad I have someone who can challenge my awesome triathlon skills. :-)Seriously though it's a great motivator for me to get my butt in gear and work hard. Way to go Emily! Where are the pictures of Michael's triathlon??

Brook said...

Good Job! Looks like you had fun and I bet it felt awesome to do it! Are you looking forward to the next one??

Matt and Krachel said...

You made her make dinner!? Ha. The only reason why I'm forgiving you is because I think it's great that you updated the blog. Thanks Mike!

Ashlee said...

Very impressive, Emily!! Seriously....I envy you. Congrats on such a huge accomplishment.

Sanders said...

Good heavens girl! You are a go getter! I was laughing at the last picture with you running because Mike is right you look like it was no big deal. Way to go! You are my hero.

Pam said...

AMAZING!! Emily you are my hero!!!

Mary Millward said...

Holy moly Emily, I am so proud of you!!! Way to go!!!

So motivating!

I will be living in bluffdale. We move in next week. I would love to get together with you soon.

Mary

Barlow said...

Wow, that is very cool. Nice work Emily.